2 HOURS OF ORIENTATION + 6 HOURS OF FTHB EDUCATION + 2 HOURS OF 1 ON 1 COUNSELING. ALL THREE are required for anyone who wants to participate in San Francisco’s BMR program, DALP, or other SF down payment assistance programs.To register for the new MOHCD Homeownership Program Orientation, please visit homeownershipsf.org/workshops.
Your first home is one of the most important investments you will make. Learn everything you need to know about buying and owning your own home. Topics include:
- Pros & Cons of Homeownership
- Determining How Much You Can Afford
- Understanding Credit
- Obtaining A Mortgage
- Down Payment Assistance Programs
- Shopping for a Home
- Maintaining Your Home
SFHDC’s 1st Time Homebuyer workshops are held on the 1st AND 3rd Saturday of each month. For other dates and times around the city please visit homeownershipsf.org/workshops.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BELOW:
LATE ARRIVALS & WALK-INS
- PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY! THIS CLASS STARTS PROMPTLY AT 9AM.
- YOU ARE CONSIDERED LATE IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 8:55 AM.
- WE WILL BEGIN ADMITTING WALK-INS AT 8:55 AM. THIS MEANS IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 8:55 AM YOUR SEAT MAY BE FORFEITED AND GIVEN AWAY TO A WALK-IN.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR LATE ARRIVALS WHOSE SEAT IS FORFEITED TO A WALK IN. YOU WILL NEED TO REBOOK FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE CLASS.
- WALK-INS WILL BE ADMITTED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS
ABSOLUTELY NO ADMISSION AFTER 9:15 AM!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!
(1) The NEW 2 hour MOHCD Homebuyer Program Orienation,
(2) 6 hours of HUD-approved homebuyer education &
(3) a 2-hour individual counseling.
All Household members must complete the 6-hour homebuyer education workshop before scheduling their indiviudal counseling session.
The 6-hour homebuyer class and the indiviudal counseling session MUST BE COMPLETED WITH THE SAME AGENCY BY ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The $50 dollar enrollment fee is non-refundable. If you must cancel, you must notify us of cancellation by email at least 72 hours prior to the start of the workshop. Thus we must receive notification to cancel by 9am Wednesday for a Saturday class.
LATE CANCELLATIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND.
FACILITY POLICY: We do not provide childcare and cannot accommodate children at our workshop. Please make childcare arrangements in advance.