About this event
First-Time Homebuyer Education & Certification Workshop
By attending the First-time Homebuyer Education & Certification Workshop, you can learn about the basic requirements of mortgage and how to improve credit and financial management skills. In addition, you can learn the steps to buy a house, including shopping for a home, making an offer and the closing period, so that you can make better preparations before buying a house!
- The Importance of Credit and Financial Management
- Basic Requirements of Mortgage
- Knowledge of Real Estate
- Steps to Buy A House
How to Get An Education Completion Letter
- Complete the 2-hour SFMOHCD Homebuyer Orientation (Only for participation in the San Francisco Housing Assistance Program)
- Complete the 6-hour First-Time Homebuyer Workshop
- Complete the 2-hour Homebuyer Counseling Section
The workshop is held in two sections, with an hour break in between. You must attend both sections.
- Section I: 10 am – 1 pm
- Section II: 2 pm – 5 pm
The workshop is conducted in English.
Read Before You Join
This education workshop is open to all first-time homebuyers, but if you are interested in the San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (SFMOHCD) homebuyer programs, you are required to complete the SFMOHCD 2-hour orientation before you register the workshop.
For more information, please visit our website.
After you register:
- You will receive an email confirmation including the link to Zoom from Eventbrite.
- When you join the online workshop on Zoom, you will be required to enter your legal name as shown on your ID/Driver’s License, your own email address and other required information.
Workshop Requirements – IMPORTANT
- To ensure that every participant is attending personally in this workshop, the entire workshop will be recorded. Each registered person must be logged into your own device with a camera set up, i.e. mobile device, tablet, or computer, that is capable for Zoom meetings.
- Attendees must use their own email address to register for the online workshop. (DO NOT SHARE EMAIL ADDRESS WITH OTHER ATTENDEES).
- Before registering for the workshop on Eventbrite, please use this Zoom test site (https://zoom.us/test) to ensure that your device is capable of joining the online workshop on Zoom.
- All attendees must join our online workshop on time. If you join after the first 15 minutes of the online workshop, you will not get the workshop credit. NO EXCEPTION!
- We will have pop quizzes during the workshop, so stay tuned.
- To complete the workshop, all attendees need to fill and sign all the electronic workshop forms. (The forms links will be sent to your registered email 2 days before the event starts.)
- Please make sure that your device stays charged and your internet connection is stable during the entire online workshop of 6 hours.
ASIAN, Inc is a U.S Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) approved non-profit Housing Counseling Agency.